Thursday, January 6, 2011

Number 200

The New Year is upon and I can't think of a better time to make my official 200th post. Actually, I can, but I'm sitting here in the newsroom waiting for other members of the staff to return from lunch to file the things I need for my page, so since I've nothing more pressing to do, I'll blog.

My resolutions for 2011 were pretty basic. I'm going to try to resolve to be a bit more frugal this year and learn to save money a little better. This resolution will come in handy as Bethany and I save to fly to France. I've also made a resolution not to purchase any new books (with the exception of two series that I'm following closely) until I clean off my to-read list.

I have a pretty good jump start on the second one. I polished off Pat Conroy's My Reading Life and Patrick O'Brian's The Yellow Admiral. Just today I started The Hundred Days by the same author. I have two more of O'Brian's series before I run out and I'm not looking forward to the end of that great read.

Work is going pretty well. Tonight I'll be attending a speech by a state senator at the local community college and I'm working on an online interview with the director of the Emeril Lagasse Foundation, which has potential to turn into a pretty neat story.

Speaking of work, I'd better be getting back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment