Monday, August 31, 2009

First Photos




As promised last night I'm uploading a couple of photos. They were taken with a Canon Rebel XT with the EF 50mm Macro and a Hoya yellow filter for those of you interested in the technicals.

For the more pertinent details, these were taken behind my Grandpa's house in West Virginia while climbing around the massive boulders that dominate that stream. I hope you like black and white photos because I've just ordered new gear specifically for black and white and I'm working on putting it through the paces, so you may see plenty of b&w for a few posts. I promise to put some color up soon.

On a more exciting note, college football opens up this week. I agree with most of the writers out there who've picked Florida to go all the way. It's hard to pick against a team that loaded and that has a quarterback that is such a dynamic force as Tim Tebow. My team, WVU, looks to have an easy opener against Liberty (hopefully) before taking on the always surprising ECU. Virginia Tech, the local favorite around here, takes on Alabama and are thought to have an edge as 'Bama's o-line is thought to have problems. Personally I'm hoping and figuring on 'Bama wiping the floor with Tech, but we'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment