Saturday, January 30, 2010

Busy Day

Shooting a wedding is mentally draining. I guarantee most people do not realize how challenging it is and that's mainly because we live in a world of digital point and shoot cameras that take wonderful pictures.

I'm always glad to press that shutter button for the last time. Tonight especially. It started snowing sometime late last night/early this morning and hasn't stopped since. It let up just a bit during the ceremony and started snowing heavy again during the reception. Just before the bride walked down the aisle the National Weather Service raised our expected snow total to between 11 to 15 inches.

I'm home now. I have nowhere to be tomorrow. Let it pour.

As soon as dinner comes out of the oven I'm going to hit the couch with a blanket and a tall glass of Mountain Dew and knock down an episode or two of The Office. Tomorrow I'm sleeping in because I seriously doubt that our road will be plowed and the good Lord was watching over us to get us home safely tonight. When I wake up, I'm reading a book all day.

And if our road does get plowed tomorrow, I'm still going to be happily snowed in. I've already made up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment