Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Gets In The Way

Sometimes life just gets in the way.


I have big plans. Admittedly, they rarely work. I seem to do better at life when I'm just flying by the seat of my pants from one moment to the next. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way all the time. Be nice if it did.

I had hopes of getting back to the regularly scheduled blog, but last week just completely blew that idea. My birthday was Tuesday and of course that would have taken up all day on a good day. But instead of spending the day in total celebration of the National Day of Josh, I spent a good chunk of it chasing down a radiator for Bethany's car.

Only to have that radiator to arrive Wednesday for us to discover, a half an hour before the store closes, that the radiator doesn't fit the car. In fact, just to make it more interesting, they no longer make the original radiator that came out of that car. Instead, for some unknown reason, they make a different style of radiator with different mounts for the fan shroud, which means you either have to modify the shroud to fit or spend $150 for a piece of plastic.

You can guess what we did.

Friday was ridiculously busy, as I spent the morning helping out at Magic in the Mountains, the afternoon running errands and cleaning and the evening installing the radiator. At 10:30, Phil and I ran out of light and four letter words, so we called it off until Saturday afternoon, when we finally finished the job. After that I spent the rest of the day with Patrick and Amber. Sunday morning I traveled to West Virginia to visit Mom and stopped at Lewisburg on the way home to attend Bethany's chorale concert and dinner before making it home about 7 p.m. last night.

So this week I've decided to have goals instead of plans. Two of those goals revolve around my guitar. I have the goal of learning to play Dave Matthews' You and Me Together and writing my own song (or at least making a good deal of progress on it). There are pictures to be taken and other chores to be done among all of this, so we'll see how it goes.

And did I mention I now own a Kindle? My in-laws all pitched in and purchased me one for my birthday. Now, I'm a person that appreciates the heft of a good book and the individuality of having an actual printed novel in my hands. But I'm also a person that really likes shiny gadgets with buttons and the Kindle is pretty sweet. It's going to change how I read and buy books from now on.

So...back to the week. Hope to see you here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment