Friday, May 28, 2010

Shooting The Moon


It's been quite a while since I've posted any kind of photo, so I thought I'd post one today that hearkens back to one of the reasons I took up photography.

A couple nights ago the Moon was nearly full. I walked outside to get something out of my Jeep and was moved to take a picture. Mother Nature, however, had other ideas and the Moon was buried in clouds before I could bring my camera around. 

Last night the Moon was completely full and there wasn't a cloud anywhere close to it, though over to the east there were some pretty cool clouds being lit up at intervals by lightning. Anyway, I broke out my old, manual focus and f/stop Opteka super telephoto lens, mounted that baby to the tripod and started shooting. The result is what you see above.

As I was typing this, I found my 2x extender to mount to that lens. Maybe tonight, if the storms hold off, I'll attach it and see what happens. I'm thinking that it makes it slightly harder to focus (this lens was made before the invention of auto focus) but it will give me a focal length of 2600mm, which is akin to having the camera mounted to a small telescope. I'll be interested in seeing what results I can come up with.

Of course, I'll post 'em here.

No comments:

Post a Comment