Tuesday, June 15, 2010

From The Inside Looking Out


I was looking out the window of my house today and found this little fella looking back in at me. I just couldn't pass up a photo opportunity like that.

Quickly I grabbed my macro lens and slapped a fresh memory card into my camera. For those of you who don't know, a macro is a special type of zoom lens designed to make really little things look really big. The macro lens has the ability to allow the camera to capture what it sees at a 1:1 ratio. When I print something off as a 4x6 photo, the subject is then nine times life size.

It works out great for wasps, as you can see here. I've never seen that little honeycomb in their eyes before. That was pretty neat. And despite having this photo I still can't tell you how he hangs on to the smooth glass of a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment