Saturday, March 6, 2010

Runnin' Round

Today was a day without a lot of direction so we just jumped in the car to see where it would take us. It took us to Smokey Bones where a completely random woman gave us a couple for a buy one, get one free meal, which was pretty awesome.

And since no trip to Roanoke would be complete without a trip to a bookstore, I came home with a copy of Cervantes' Don Quixote. It's a book that's been on my "To Read" list for a long time and I'll probably cross it off fairly soon.

I'm afraid I can't report much in the way of progress on Blood & Steel or anything else, here of late, but I'm not too worried about it. Writing, at least for me, happens in spurts. Sixty handwritten pages (front and back) is a pretty good spurt by my reckoning and I'm sure it'll pick up again here soon. In the meantime I'll be give thought to my speech at the Clifton Forge Public Library on the 18th and then eagerly delving back into the world of Captain Jack Aubrey as he takes on the French Navy in the Napoleonic Wars.

In a rare twist, Bethany and I both have next week off, though she's on vacation and I'm still laid off. Even still, it should be a great week. I'm hoping to try out some new recipes since we'll both have time to cook together.

So, yea. Not much food for thought here lately on the blog and I'm sure that'll change soon. For now, I'm just enjoying things being a little laid back for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment