Thursday, March 4, 2010

Surviving The Morning Workouts So Far

I'd forgotten how much being sore really isn't fun. It's been such a long time since I seriously lifted weights that I'd forgotten. Just today I had to be reminded of how to properly do one of my favorite lifts.

When I woke up this morning I was reminded of how much being sore hurts. When you focus a work out on a particular area of your body, say chest and shoulders, the next day isn't really pleasant, especially when it's your first one in a while. I know in a week or so I won't be near so sore until I move up in weight again. But that first week of a training regimen is rough. Today we added a little jogging to it and since my workout partner is a sergeant in the U.S. Army National Guard, we sing cadence just for the sheer fun of it as we run.

Yippee.

So while my butt's being kicked in the gym in the mornings, the afternoon is providing quality time for working on  wedding photographs and Blood & Steel. In fact, the workouts are providing valuable insight to some of what Sam is going through and I'm really putting some ink down on paper in the evenings. So oddly enough, this whole unemployment thing is actually turning into a bit of a blessing in many ways. I guess there's good in everything if you take the time to look for it.

Adversity can become opportunity with the right mindset. I don't know how much longer my unemployment will last because I hear that our workload seems to be improving a bit. Until I go back on the clock I'm going to use every bit of my time off that I can to advance my life in other areas. So far it seems to be working. I can't help but wonder, however, how this experience will pay off down the road.

Hopefully it will pay off with a writing contract and most of a sequel to The Crownless King waiting in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment