Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Am The Man Of The House

I am the man of the house and I take on manly construction projects.

Ok, so all I really did was clean out the desk nook in the bedroom, break down the desk, move the shelves to more useful positions and hang the closet rod, but still. It was manly.

If you're wondering, I still have no idea why the lawnmower won't start. I began taking the thing apart and pieces started falling out so I just put it off until wiser heads could prevail. If they don't prevail by Tuesday I'm going to borrow a mower.

My next big project will be to clean the guest bedroom and really put it to rights, which Bethany will be taking a pretty big hand in. There's not much that needs to be done there, but we needed the closet space to get things moved out of that room and moving things out of that room will make space to move some stuff out of storage and get our small storage room converted into a temporary third bedroom.

On an unrelated food note, I tried out a new potato snack. I found the recipe on the Food Network web site and you can find it here: Garlic Roasted Potatoes. The recipe is just as easy as it sounds and really pretty tasty. We didn't have any small potatoes so I quartered three jumbo russet potatoes and put 'em in the oven for an hour and it worked just fine. Simple, quick prep time and a perfect snack. You just can't ask for better than that.

1 comment:

  1. hey, if you need to borrow ours, lemme know. I should be around the house tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete