Thursday, August 5, 2010

If It Ain't Rainin', It Must Be Snowin'

Chalk this one up to the notion of "It's always something."

We woke up this morning to find that our refrigerator wasn't cold and that our freezer was on the way to thawing out, neither of which is a Good Thing. Apparently our recent string of luck with household appliances and motor vehicles is holding true and I'm fairly certain there's a hole in the muffler of my Jeep.

But I digress.

So after rushing a lot of meat to Covington to a friendly freezer, I spent the day looking for, purchasing, accepting delivery and installation and then restocking the freezer with our still frozen meat. Oh, I almost forgot the best part. We were fortunate enough to find a slightly larger side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combo than our old one. The added width wasn't a problem but the extra height sure was. Fortunately the cabinet above the refrigerator had up to an inch and a half that I could cut away without fear of getting into the actual cabinet space itself. I borrowed a reciprocating saw and went to work.

Have you ever used a reciprocating saw? 'Cause if you haven't, you should. I highly recommend it. It's fun. I now want one for Christmas. That saw will cut most anything any time and anywhere. There's no limit to the damage you can cause with one of those. Fortunately, Bethany hasn't looked at the cabinets above the refrigerator yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment