Sunday, February 7, 2010

A New Sunday Afternoon Tradition

There's a new Sunday afternoon tradition here on the hill and I have to say I'm not really a fan.

Shoveling snow. We've had three really good winter storms this year and they've all set in on a Friday, poured snow through Saturday and then leaves to allow me to spend a part of my Sunday afternoon shoveling out the vehicles so we can be ready to go to work when Monday rolls back around. Today the snow was sandwiched between layers of ice and it took a bit of work to get Bethany's car shoveled out.

Ah well. Spring will be here soon.

Last night we were both up late reading, Bethany was working on Pat Conroy's South of Broad as I finished up Modesitt's Arms-Commander. This was a great weekend for cooking, writing and reading and I can't remember the last time that I stayed up until 3 a.m. reading. I made a great deal of progress on writing Blood & Steel and I even picked up a new technique on the guitar.

I've found some encouragement in the writing world in some blogs, a few of which you'll see listed to the right of this posting. I've also spent some time watching the special features on DVDs, particularly the ones that talk about the writing on Seinfeld and Bones. I'm looking forward to diving into The Office special features. I'm sure there's plenty of gems in there.

So after a good, solid weekend of progress on many fronts, I think I'll likely take the evening off. There's some bread that needs baking and I need to find something to read next. Oh...and the Super Bowl kicks off around 6 o'clock.

Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment