Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Temporary Suspension Of Work Related Activities Due To Inclement Weather & Economy

Well, this blog posting started off a little differently yesterday. I was going to do a little sports writing, something I enjoy doing and haven't done since I quite the newspaper a while back. After all, the Super Bowl was chock full of goodness to write about.

But the news I received yesterday but a damper on the festivities. I have been temporarily laid off. The combination of the economy and all the snow on the ground (and the eight inches we're supposed to get today) have seriously hampered my place of business. It's only temporary, but it's still a new and somewhat uncomfortable experience. Fortunately Bethany is still gainfully employed and my layoff is only temporary. There's help out there and we're going to make it, so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

I'm trying to look at this as a chance to do all those little chores around the house that pile up and don't get done because I'm busy doing other things. There's also the opportunity to get a lot of work done on some novels in progress and pick up a little more guitar.

With a little faith and trust in the Lord above, we'll get through it. I feel like somewhere in this experience is an opportunity to learn and grow. I have to be open to it and be willing to face the challenges that will be heading our way in the future.

Maybe I'll write a New York Times Bestseller with my time off.

But first I think I'll do the windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment